Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hometown fair

     Just this passed weekend I went home to see my grandparents and family in Manhattan Beach, CA.  During my stay at home the historic Hometown Fair of Manhattan beach was going on.  The fair attracts people from all around southern california who come to buy or sell their product.  The fair has things for everyone to enjoy like great food, games, live music, beer garden, and lots of arts and crafts.  As a kid, I would go every year and I still try to go if I am in town.  I grew up working in the fair fundraising for my soccer team because many of my teammates could not afford the fees that come along with club soccer.  This goes to show that many of the booths are not just big companies making more money and there are plenty of small organizations that could use the support.  It is a great place to have a fun time and support some good causes.
     My Mother and her friends love the art and crafts section of the fair, which is very large.  The fair displays very nice jewelry and extremely cool photos and art.  However, some of these products can get a little pricy but the artwork is well deserving of its price.  The music at the fair is usually made up of local bands that have styles very characteristic of the south bay.  It is an awesome time and it is a great way to learn and experience the Manhattan Beach culture.  Thanks for reading about another day in paradise!

-Jackson McCracken











No comments:

Post a Comment